Warning: Last items in stock!
eTrex 20 takes one of the most popular and reliable GPS handhelds and makes it better. Redesigned ergonomics, an easier-to-use interface, paperless geocaching and expanded mapping capabilities add up to serious improvements for an already legendary GPS handheld.
eTrex 20 has an enhanced 2.2", 65K color, sunlight-readable display. Durable and waterproof, eTrex 20 is built to withstand the elements. It has an upgraded interface yet retains its legendary toughness to withstand dust, dirt, humidity or water.
With an array of compatible mounts, eTrex 20 is designed for use on ATVs, bicycles, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the auto mount capability and City Navigator NT® maps for turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV. Wherever you think you might take eTrex, it has the mapping and mounts to get you there.
The new eTrex series is the first-ever consumer-grade receivers that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously. GLONASS is a system developed by the Russian Federation that will be fully operational in 2012. When using GLONASS satellites, the time it takes for the receiver to “lock on” to a position is (on average) approximately 20 percent faster than using GPS. And when using both GPS and GLONASS, the receiver has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using GPS alone.
With its microSD™ card slot and 1.7 GB of internal memory, eTrex 20 lets you load TOPO 24K maps and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads (see maps tab for compatible maps). eTrex 20 also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps.
With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction, eTrex locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
eTrex 20 supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. VisitGeocaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. eTrex 20 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper printouts. Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches.
Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp™, software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventuresthat you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
- Paperless Geocaching: Spend more time in the field and less time fumbling with paper. The eTrex stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the geocaching GPX file to your device and start hunting for caches.
- Track More Satellites: Find your way with the first consumer-grade GPS receiver that tracks both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously. When using them together, the receiver has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using GPS alone, giving you your position quickly.
- User friendly Layout: Skip the confusion about how to find things. eTrex is easy to use with intuitive navigation screens.
- Pick Your Profile: Customize eTrex for every occasion. Profiles allow eTrex to quickly switch into different configurations that you create, so when you’re done geocaching and you need to drive home, your eTrex won’t miss a beat.
- More Dashboards in More Places: Bring more functionality into frequently used applications with personalized dashboards. Avoid switching between applications and display more information by customizing your dashboards with an altimeter, compass, configurable data fields and more.
- Advanced Tracking: Whether following a saved route or planning a new one, eTrex has the tracking features you need. See high and low elevation points or store waypoints along a track (start, finish and high/low altitude) to estimate time and distance between points.
- Extensive Map Support: With its microSD™ card slot and large internal memory, eTrex lets you load a variety of maps, including TOPO 24K, BlueChart® g2, City Navigator NT® and BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery (subscription required).
Physical & Performance:
|Physical dimensions||2.1" x 4.0" x 1.3" (5.4 x 10.3 x 3.3 cm)|
|Display size, WxH||1.4" x 1.7" (3.5 x 4.4 cm); 2.2" diag (5.6 cm)|
|Display resolution, WxH||176 x 220 pixels|
|Display type||transflective, 65-K color TFT|
|Weight||5 oz (141.7 g) with batteries|
|Battery||2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended|
|Battery life||25 hours|
Maps & Memory:
|Ability to add maps||Yes|
|Accepts data cards||microSD™ card (not included)|
|Track log||10,000 points, 200 saved tracks|
Features & Benefits:
|Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads)||Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)|
|Custom maps compatible||Yes|
|Sun and moon information||Yes|
|Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)||Yes|
|Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units)||No|
|Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)||Yes|
What's in the box:
Full Manufacturer Warranty
No customer comments for the moment.